At Astor Film Productions Ltd, we are often asked a number of questions about the services we offer our clients.
Here are some of them.
Who is the Managing Director of Astor Film Productions?
That would be Kris Bilski.
He founded the production company back in 2015 with a burning passion to create meaningful videos!
Where are you based?
We are based at 161 High Street, Hull, HU1 1NQ.
What camera equipment do you use?
Depending on the project, we range from the Blackmagic Design Ursa Mini Pro 4.6k G2 to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6k.
What Lenses do you use?
Depending on the production we have a list of different lenses.
- ZEISS lightweight Zoom LWZ.3 21-100mm/T2.9-3.9 T* – This is a very versatile lens. It can be used for TV commercials, episodic dramas, feature films or even run-and-gun documentaries. It makes shots stand out with pin-sharp structures, vibrant colours and high contrasts.
- SAMYANG XEEN Lens, 14mm,24mm,35mm,50mm and 85mm – These lenses have been used by prolific Directors and Cinematographers across the world.
- Steve Gainer – Cinematographer and a member of the A.S.C (American Society of Cinematographers)
- Joseph Kahn – Director and Cinematographer who is primarily known for shooting music videos but has also filmed numerous feature films.
- Shane Hurlbut – Cinematographer and a member of the A.S.C (American Society of Cinematographers)
“XEEN Lenses give me the speed, performance and beauty that I’ve been searching for my entire career” – Steve Gainer A.S.C., Cinematographer
What type of Videos do you make?
All of them! There’s no project too big or too small that we won’t tackle with the utmost respect. We range from cooperate videos to local music videos. If you have an idea and want it to become a reality contact us via the ‘Contact’ page on our website. (https://hullvideoproduction.co.uk/contact/). We are happy to talk!
How Big is your team?
We are a small team but don’t let that fool you. We all work hard to provide the most professional outcome for our clients! We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved and are always looking for new challenges!
Have you made any feature films before?
As a matter of fact, yes! We teamed up with Jack Grewar to create a spectacular film called, Some Kind of Love. Check it out!
We have another one in the pipeline to be released very soon!
Do you edit the videos too or just film them?
We can provide all services; Pre-Production, Production and Post-Production. It all depends on what you want from us. We can also provide licensed music to go with your video or we can send you a handful of possible tracks that you can have the final say on.
How long will the production duration take?
It honestly depends on how big the project is! We aim to provide the final product after 1 week, but this can vary depending on the size of the production!
Why should I choose you over your competitors?
The professional equipment that we take a great deal of pride in. The camera equipment has been used on BBC films and has even been used on Netflix! This incredibly adds production value to your project giving it a more professional aesthetic.
How much will it cost me to create a video?
Every project is different, and requirements will be different.
If you want more of an idea of the costs involved, drop us a message on our email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 01482 291700